I B.E Mechnical and Automation Engineering Students won prize in 'Wealth out of Waste' competitio
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Science and Humanities, SNS College of Technology offers Science and Humanities Courses as prescribed by the curriculum of Autonomous in the 1st year of engineering programme and comprise four discipline English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. The objective of the department is to provide value-based education to budding scientists and engineers so that they can become professionals on the forte of Science. Moreover, the Department is committed to serve the needs of various branches of engineering by fostering an effective teaching and learning environment.
The entire programme with a theoretical-practical thrust provides the students with a holistic understanding of socio-economic reality and the role of technology for sustainable development. It is a pedestal prop for budding Engineers. The inbuilt talent of the students are tapped, encouraged and made to rise in soaring heights. The faculty members are closely associated with first year students for counseling, admission work, curricular, co & extracurricular activities. The science Expo “SHARP” & SCIENTIA is organized every year with the view of providing interactive, participatory, hands-on, innovative and creative learning experiences to our students.
Department is always kin to offer students an academic experience of “thinking, learning and doing.”
TRAITS OF S & H DEPARTMENT
- Highly Qualified and experienced faculty
- Industrial visit to expose students to gain hands on exposure towards workplace
- Publication in National & International Journals by Faculty and Students
- The students of AGRI has won Second place in PHANTOMIME at TNAU
- Laboratories equipped with high configuration computers and licensed software
- Several Awards and Prizes won by our students in competitions held at various colleges
- N.Sriraam Shanjiev, I Mech & Automation has won Ist Prize in Paper Presentation at UIT college, Coimbatore.
- N.Saravana Kumar, I Mechanical has won 2nd Place in VIIIth Centies Championship 2017 held at CIT, Coimbatore
- J. Gokul Krishnan, I Civil has won 9th place in National Level Weight lifting Competition at Jammu & Kashmir
- The Department organizes SHARP (Science expo) and SCIENTIA (National Symposium) every year
- The Department has 9 Ph.D holders and 14 faculty members are pursuing Ph.D.
- The Department has received an amount of Rs. 3,09,000 from the Funding Agencies
SILEX is a focused network of collective intelligence combined with immense talents and persistent framework of knowledge implementation. Science and Society are combined together under one roof. Science is displayed and thereby Society is served with the applications of science. All the exhibits recorded showcased in the mega event prove the timely need of innovations and their impact in the society we live. This yearly magazine is an attempt to bring out the skills of students and faculty members of our college.